My family love this slice, it is chewy, nutty and yummy. Reminds me of a snickers but a lot more wholesome!
– 6tbs of cashew or almond butter (or a mixture of both)
– 4tbs rice malt syrup (or maple syrup or honey)
– 3tbs coconut oil
– 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
– 1 cup of slightly chopped cashew nuts
– 1/2 cup of slightly chopped almond nuts
Place the cashew butter, rice malt syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract into a blender and blend until combined. If using a Thermomix mix speed 4, 10 seconds. Add chopped nuts and mix until combined. TM – mix on reverse speed 3, 10 seconds. With slightly wet hands press into a lined tray (18x18cm pyrex dish).
Place in the freezer while you make the top layer.
Chocolate top (you could melt 100g of 75%-90% dark chocolate and pour on top of the base)
– 50g cacao butter (if you do not have use a total of 70g of coconut oil)
– 20g coconut oil
– 2tbs rice malt syrup
– 20g organic cocoa powder
Melt the cacao butter and coconut oil in a bowl over boiling water or in Thermomix 70 degrees, speed 1, 3 minutes. Add syrup and cocoa powder and mix till combined. TM – mix speed 4, 10 seconds. Pour over the nut base and place in the freezer for 30 – 60 minutes.
Cut and store in the fridge.