Green banana flour resistant starch is one of the highest grade of resistant starch in the world. Resistant Starch is a food source that resists digestion in the small intestine and offers the consumer some very unique health benefits.
Benefits of Resistant Starch
- Prebiotic – feed your microbiome and heal your gut. Green Banana Resistant Starch encourages the growth and activity of microorganisms (e.g. bacteria and fungi) this contributes to the well-being of their host (you!).
- Weight loss – Often referred to as a second meal, resistant starch in this form allows you to eat once and have the satisfied feeling of eating twice. Resistant Starch in this form also increases metabolism.
- Increase absorption and capacity of antioxidants and minerals – especially calcium which can aide in preventing Osteoporosis
- Promote colon health and aide in the prevention of colon cancer
- Prevent diabetes and aide in the treatment of diabetes
- Lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Reduce incidence of gallstones
- Reduce symptoms of diarrhea
- 180ml coconut milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1/2 avocado
- 65g banana flour
- 45g melted coconut oil
- 45g organic cocoa powder
- 70g rapadura sugar (increase if you like things a bit sweeter)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1tsp bicarbonate soda
- 50g chocolate chopped chocolate (I use 80% dark chocolate but again if you like sweeter chocolate select one to suit your taste)